First off, we want to thank everyone who participated in last week’s giveaway! We are happy to announce that Holly, from Holly’s Housewife Life, is the winner of The Kate head wrap from Little Blue Anchor Shop.
We will be wrapping up this series with another giveaway, so be sure to keep an eye out for that!
This is Part 1 of a Natural Beauty blog post series that Carmen from Little Blue Anchor and I have created. Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing out favourite homemade natural beauty products in combination with a smoothie recipe. We believe that what you put into your body is equally important as what you put into your body.
Whipped Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter
This recipe was inspired by my favourite vanilla body butter made by The Body Shop. I loved the smell but didn’t like the toxins that came with it.
You will need….
- 1 oz of beeswax
- 6 aloe vera leafs OR 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice
- 1/2 cup of shea butter OR cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or more if desired)
- double boiler OR pot with stainless steel bowl
- stand mixer OR hand held mixer
- sanitized and dry container or mason jar (dishwasher works great)
Using a double boiler, melt all of the ingredients together in order listed. *If you don’t own a double boiler, use a pot with 1-2 cups of boiling water in it and place a stainless steel bowl inside the pot. It will work just the same.
Once the mixture has melted together, allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Using a stand mixer or a hand held mixer, whip the body butter for about 3-4 minutes. It will look a bit runny, but place the mixture into your container of choice and allow it to sit for a half an hour.
Use it all over your body for luscious, hydrated skin. Store at room temperature for 8 weeks.. but trust us, you will run out before then.
Vanilla Almond Milk Shake
- 2 frozen bananas *make sure they’re frozen…it’s a better taste & texture
- 3 chopped medjool dates *soaking your dates for 15 minutes before hand will make them easier to blend
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract OR 1 vanilla bean
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup of almond milk or more if needed
Blend everything together in a blender, and enjoy!
This is one of over 40 recipes that you’ll find in my ebook, The Ultimate Smoothie eBook! Check it out here!
Stay tuned for next weeks post, where we’ll make a homemade exfoliating scrub and delicious papaya and mango smoothie!