I realized the other day that although I share some pretty personal stuff on my blog, there are a few really key pieces about my every day life that I haven’t yet mentioned. I think it’s time that changes because I love talking about the things that I love!
Today I’m writing about 5 Important Things About Me (that you haven’t already heard).
1. I have two younger brothers! I’m putting this point first because in my first year at University, all of my new uni friends thought I was an only child until one day, near the end of the year, one of them asked “who are those two guys in the picture with you?” It was news to them when I said they were my brothers. Suffice to say, I felt like a pretty shitty big sister that day! I love them, I swear! I guess I just had more important things to talk about like how to score a fake ID and how to sneak Corn Pops and sandwiches out of the cafeteria (these were my pre-healthy gluten free days).
Anyways, they are great, and I do feel like I talk about them much more these days, so that eases my guilt somewhat :p . Jesse is the youngest and he is studying Kinesiology. He is hilarious and way smarter than I’ll ever be (a fact which he has no problem reminding me of. I still think I’m funnier though). Miki is the middle child, and he is also wildly smart (though humbler :p ). He has a ton of cool hobbies and interests too, and his fav is scuba diving.
Here’s an oldie of them from one of our family collages. Aren’t they cute? Miki looks adorable and Jesse looks hilarious.
2. My two best friends are also my first cousins; we were all born within a year of each other, and we all live in Halifax. I grew up across the street from Lauren (on the right), and we went to elementary and jr. high together (same grade). Then I switched to private school and went to high school with Charlotte (also same grade). Having two such awesome best friends who are also family is so much fun!! They are both very different and very awesome, and I love them so much.
3. One of my absolute favourite things in the world to do is to foster cats and kittens from the SPCA. If I blogged about them as much as I talked about them in daily life, about half of my posts would be foster kitten themed.
I’ve been fostering kittens on and off whenever possible for the last 5 years, and it lights up my heart. Basically, if there are cats or kittens that need special care before they are put up for adoption, they will be sent home with foster owners for a few weeks. Generally I will get kittens who are sick, or who need socialization, or Mama cats with their new born kittens (the best!), and I take care of them, give them their meds, and smother them with love.
Giving them back is horrendous- I cry and feel so sad, but it’s so worth it, and as soon as I move into my own place, I’ll be getting more kitts.
If you are interested and have the time to properly foster (they need lots of love and attention! I find more so than most cats), then please contact your local SPCA or animal shelter!
4. I live in Halifax, Canada. This isn’t news to some of you since you know me and live here too, but for those of you who only know me through my blog, you might not actually know where I live. Halifax is a beautiful city in Eastern Canada, and we have about 300 000 people. I’ve always loved Halifax, but I have to say I have NOT always loved living here. By the time high school was over, I was ready to get out, so I went away for university and spent most of my summer breaks away. After graduating from university, I travelled as much as I could, but now I am finally ready to call Halifax home again, and that feels awesome
5. About my family: My Mom’s entire side of the family lives here in Halifax, and most of us are even in the same neighbourhood! It’s so much fun having so much family around, and one of my favourite things is when we all get together for holidays or celebrations. My Dad’s side of the family is from Poland (so I have EU citizenship! very handy). They moved to Montreal when my Dad was 11, and they still live there. I love Montreal and go up to visit my Aunt when I get the chance
I have family pictures, but most of them are currently packed up in the basement since the recent move.
So there is a bit more about me and my life In some ways it feels weird to write a whole post about this, and in some ways it would feel weird not to! So there it is. I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you have a wonderful day !